AMLA (AmlaMax®)(Indian Gooseberry) REFERENCES
AmlaMax® is a patent pending standardized form of Indian Gooseberry. Studies have shown AmlaMax® to not only improve conditions of dyslipidemia (which is addressed by most statin drugs), but also support a rejuvenation of the cardiovascular system. In a clinical human study, over a 3 month period, subjects in the study using AmlaMax® achieved the following cardiovascular benefits: (8)
Clinical Study Results | Cardiovascular:
- An increase in levels of HDL (good cholesterol)
- Reduction in LDL (Low Density Lipoprotein) Also referred to as “bad cholesterol”
- Reduction in VLDL (Very Low Density Lipoprotein)
- Decreased levels of triglycerides
- Decreased levels of C-Reactive Protein (a marker of inflammation in the body)
- Lower Blood Glucose levels (showing better glucose metabolism)
Additional Amla Cardiovascular Benefits:
- Cardioprotective Effect. Oral administration of amla to lab animals for 30 days increased levels of important antioxidants in the heart cells (myocytes), including superoxide dismutase (SOD), catalase and glutathione peroxidase. As part of the same study, researchers examined the effects of oxygen deprivation to the heart muscle of rats, after receiving amala supplementation. Due to the high levels of antioxidants in the myocytes, injury to the heart cells was reduced.(9) The conclusion by the researchers was that amla “administration causes myocardial adaptation by augmenting endogenous antioxidants and protects rat hearts from oxidative stress”.
- Inhibitor of LDL Oxidation. Amla is a potent antioxidant, and is also a strong inhibitor of the oxidation of LDL. When oxidized LDL binds to the arterial wall, it initiates the development of atherosclerosis. (10)
- Inhibitor of Increased Cardiovascular Risk Factors in Aging. Amla inhibits age related increases in lipids, oxidative stress and inflammation. Inflammation significantly rises in aging, and is correlated to increased activation of NF-kappaB. NF-kappaB plays a key role in the inflammatory response, and triggers the expression of other inflammatory factors. Amla Extract inhibits NF-kappaB activation in aged animals, reducing levels of systemic inflammation. (11)
- Strong Inhibition of the Production of AGES (Advanced Glycation End Products). AGES are damaged proteins which occur in the body when sugar binds to protein, damaging the protein. In the cardiovascular system, AGES can damage the arterial lining, resulting in endothelium dysfunction and acceleration of cardiovascular disease. Such damage is especially seen in diabetics, where there are excessive levels of blood glucose (12)
- AmlaMax® Patents Pending. AmlaMax® effects are significant in support of cardiovascular health, and extend beyond that of only healthy cholesterol level support. In fact, in animal experiments, there was observed a near reversal of atherosclerotic conditions. Patents Pending.